Here's a great cake for Mother's Day, or any other occasion that you'd like a delicious, comfort food treat for afternoon tea or dessert.
It also looks really pretty and would make the gorgeous hero of a vintage afternoon tea party. Think vintage linen tablecloths, a mix of old bottles filled with fresh and delicate flowers, mismatched cake forks and loads of fresh berries. Add a vintage tea pot with a knitted cosy, and voila! A perfectly imperfect and beautiful get together with people you love. Great photo ops too!
This is a really old recipe and the addition of whipped cream in the batter, makes for a really delicious vanilla cake. Add dusted icing sugar, fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream for a delicious cake you will make lovely memories with :) Bonus - it's really easy to make too!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream with a mixer until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, cream together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer until fluffy and pale, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt to the mix and blend well. Gently fold in the whipped cream gently until uniform in colour and no streaks are visible. Remember to not overmix the batter though :)
- Place the other cup of whipped cream into the fridge until later.
- Pour batter into the cake pan. (You could use a 23cm bundt pan as well, if you prefer)
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before dusting with icing sugar, berries and whipped cream.
- Eat and share laughter
- Time for an afternoon nap in your creamy soft Cloud bedding.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Promotions, new products and sales. Directly to your inbox.